At People Powered Retrofit we offer a range of services to help you develop your retrofit design and find people to install your retrofit measures.
Our Retrofit Surveyors can help you to commission appropriate design work for your retrofit project, calling upon our design partners Urbed, or suitable Retrofit Designers from within our network.
We can also help with projects with an Architect on board, working collaboratively, or offering Architect to Architect advice on retrofit measures and energy efficiency aspects specifically.
Our Retrofit Surveyors can also help with the procurement process, making initial enquiries to suitable contractors from within our network supporting you to host a competition and progress with the best suited contractor through to a contract.
Ultimately, our aim is to encourage the growth of a high quality, sustainable retrofit supply chain in Greater Manchester.
The People Powered Retrofit service can:
- Appoint a qualified Retrofit Surveyor to support the Design and Contracting stage of your project.
- Help you to take forward necessary design work for retrofit measures
- Help you to procure suitable contractors to install your retrofit measures
Design and Contracting Part 1 - Design Development:
- Commission design work: required to mitigate retrofit risks, from appropriately qualified people.
- Create with specifications to enable contractors to quote accurately.
Design and Contracting Part 2 - Procurement and Contracting:
- Finalise a Schedule of Works and preliminaries. Create a document outlining how the work will be delivered and setting out acceptable working practices, for example, agreeing working hours and access arrangements.
- Advise on pre-existing relationships with builders: so you find the best contractor for your home.
- Provide quality assurance checklists: and information on standards to include in your contract.
- Signpost you to contractor networks: and provide contact details for potential contractors.
- Offer market intelligence: on expected prices, competencies and supply chain networks.
- Review the tender package: for clarity and usefulness and provide feedback.
- Provide guidance on contracts: including a range of suitable standard templates.
- Offer a quote template: that you can send to potential contractors.
- Give you a tender review checklist: or weighting template to help you select the right contractor.
- Review tender returns: providing feedback on quality and cost.
- Advise on contractor training needs: and create a professional development plan if needed.
There are some things that the People Powered Retrofit service can’t do at this stage:
- Carry out design work which we are not qualified to do.
- Enter into a contract with any contractor, builder, supplier, installer or trades person.
- Decide which contractor is most suitable.
- Issue instructions to the contractor.
- Be liable for additional contractor or client payments at a later stage.
- Move away from our independent stance and collude with contractors.
And we’ll need you, as the householder, to:
- Communicate with designers and supply any information required.
- Make contact with potential contractor/s and be the point of contact to answer their questions.
- Make a final decision on the chosen contractor and appoint them directly.
- Understand that a change in specification or timescale may sometimes result in a change in price.
Send us an enquiry here to find out how People Powered Retrofit can help you to develop your retrofit project design or call us on 0161 826 0141.